I find that “less is more” is often a principle to live by everyday. It is so easy to obtain stuff and more stuff! When I get something new, I try to envision what purpose it will hold and when it comes into my home I create a place for it to stay. Sometimes, that means getting rid of something old that is no longer being used to make room for something new. This photo featured inspires just that idea and takes it even further to another level, that of using your fashion as art on display to be enjoyed even when not in use. Pictured is Chanel’s shoe room in one the NYC boutique stores. We can see that the shoes are displayed with plenty of space along the shelving as if each is a piece of art. While many may not have a lot of closet space, it is a sure reminder to make the space available beautiful. So, let this inspire each of us to beautify our space and enjoy our “stuff” in more than one way. And of course, we can all aspire to having a lovely chandelier, too!
Tag Archives: declutter
I am not a pro organizer, but between myself and my children, I have spent a large number of hours maintaining a decluttered closet full of items that I use and void of items that just sit there. So, if you want to get somewhat organized and know what you have and use what you have, take a few hours to complete the closet self-inventory. Here are a few tips to get you started.
- First, create 3 piles: Keep, Donate, Sell
- Go through your closet and touch each item and decide which of the three piles it belongs. (If you haven’t used it in a year or more, it may be time to part with it and make room for something you will love!)
- Try on each item, if necessary, in front of a mirror to help you decide.
- You may want to take your Keep pile and separate it by season. If you have storage space, you can even store away the season of items not in use.
- I like to organize my closet by color, but you can find an orderly way to put things back in your closet by sections.
- Repeat every 6 months or so to maintain!
And don’t forget to include your drawers!